No matter what people say, -without pointing at anyone- climate change is a fact. Weather keeps changing in unpredictable and severe ways. It is almost impossible to keep up with it. Therefore, it is important to keep your car protected from its cruelty. Car wraps have become an extremely popular and effective way to do so. Nonetheless, the wrap itself needs maintenance, especially if we want it to stay looking brand new with shiny colors.
Car Wrap Maintenance Tips
One of a car wraps’ greatest attributes is that they can be easily cleaned, making its maintenance simpler and convenient. Rule of thumb regarding the car wrap’s maintenance is, no matter what environment or weather conditions it will be facing, you should clean up any spills, dirt, grease or bird droppings as soon as possible. Letting any mess collect and sit for too long will make it harder to clean up and could even end up damaging the wrap or fading its colors.
- Hand wash your car wrap once per week with mild detergent and clean water, using a soft microfiber sponge or cloth. Dry with a clean microfiber cloth, afterwards.
- To clean bird droppings use warm soapy water to loosen the crappy mess. Rinse completely and dry with a microfiber cloth.
- Clean any gas or fuel spills on your wrap, wiping it off with a towel or paper towel as soon as possible. Then, hand wash the area thoroughly with mild detergent and water. Then dry with a microfiber cloth.
- Avoid using automatic car washes like high-pressure water sprayers.
- You can add extra protection on your car wrap using a wash/polish, nonetheless, you should be sure it is not based on solvents or oil. It is recommended to ask for an expert’s advice in order to avoid damaging your car wrap using the wrong product. The chemicals in most standard wax products can eat away at vinyl.